Apr 29, 2010

Thursdays Album You Can't Live Without

Those that really know me may even be surprised by the fact that Yellowcard is one of my favorite bands to date.  I saw these guys 3 times in 2008, during their Paper Walls tour.  I couldn't get enough of their energy, their odd group of followers or their music.  By no means are they the most talented band out there but I have not been to a concert to date that has possessed the pure energy that was pouring off of a stage.  They've always had it.  After a 10 year run, they are currently on a "hiatus" and we all know what that usually means- 'we're done.'  If they are, so be it.  They ended their great career on top of the world.  If they come back, I'll be right there with them, cheering them along, every step of the way.

Ryan Key, the bleached blond lead singer has joined up with another fellow and formed the band "Big If."  I've heard some of their stuff on myspace and YouTube and it's really great- still has that Yellowcard fan appeal.  Not sure when they will tour or release an EP or full album... not much news on their myspace.  Let's hope something soon!

Paper Walls is definitely an album, from beginning to end, is outstanding and NEEDS to be a part of your music collection.  Though "Only One" was the mark of Yellowcard on the radio charts, this album takes the cake.  Give it a chance, won't you? Listen to "Date Line (I Am Gone)", "Light Up the Sky," and "Shadows & Regrets" (one of my ultimate favorites).



0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More