May 27, 2010

Thirsty Thursday's Video of the Day


This is the second single from Lights from her self titled debut album.  I can't quite put my finger on it.. but she is very reminiscent of other pop singers from the early 90's that tried experimenting with synth and keyboards, but failed miserably.  She actually achieved a synth-pop sound and I dig it.  I just read that her legal name is "Lights" (the 23 year old hailing from Canada actually changed it from Valerie Anne Poxietner) and she's touring with Owl City.  Her sound is said to be influence by the likes of Abba, BjorkPhil Collins.  She definitely fits into the realm of Wonky Pop (the musical genre) and that's why her latest video "Second Go" is the Thirsty Thursday video of the day.  I want a room where everything is white and I can go crazy and paint everything.  Actually, what I'd really like is one of those rooms that you can break everything in sight.  That would be a major stress reliever!  Who needs a drink?

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More