May 13, 2010

Thursdays Album You Can't Live Without


Chunk actually had a hand in this in selecting this week's Album You Can't Live Without. (I can't help but think of You Can't Do That On Television every time I type that out...maybe someone will slime me).  Anyway...  I dig the 90's and once again, the 90's grunge rock comes alive with Nirvana's 26 million copies sold worldwide sophmore album "Nevermind."  A lot of people in the industry feel that to date, this is still one of the greatest "alternative rock" albums of all time- and really opened the door for alternative rockers everywhere to make it mainstream.  Why the had to put a naked baby on the cover of this album, I will never know.  Supposedly this had something to do with Cobain's vision from a show he was watching about women giving birth.  I remember the casette tape I stole from my older brother that had the same cover, but with a black sensor bar across the baby's peepee.  Awkward much?  Despite the odd album cover, still one of the greatest albums of all time.  I am sure there are some of you out there who tried recreating this album a time or two while staying at the Best Western with your family.  Gotta make use of your pool time.  (I can't say that I ever did try it.)  If you don't own it, shame on you.  If you never heard it, well, you're an idiot (I kid.... not).

Mockery album covers:


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More