Aug 12, 2010

Get that heart pumping

California has a reputation that it's always warm and sunny.  Well that is not the case for Northern California, especially this summer in San Francisco.  With everyone's eyes and ears on the happenings of the Prop 8 trial, most are oblivious to the constant grey fog, engulfing the city on a daily basis.  Though San Francisco has always been known to have an "Indian Summer," this is getting a bit ridiculous.  I feel like I haven't seen the sun in a few weeks, the temperature never seems to reach above 62 and it's always around 50 degrees at night.  Where's my motivation to race home to enjoy the few remaining hours of sunshine?  Where's my motivation to do anything, if that?  Well, thank God there is some good new music out there to keep my heart rate up when I'm at my fog covered gym, just hoping the sun will peak it's head out and shine thru the rusty old Potrero Hill windows.

Jonsi (some of you may know of him as the lead singer from Sigur Ros) is currently on my "Stairmaster" playlist (I couldn't come up with a more creative name for it) and the song "Animal Arithmetic" came on right as I stepped onto the stair master.  Motivation I desperately needed this morning, from this Icelandic genius.  The video is just as heart racing as is the song, without being "pop sounding" or dance/techno style.  It was perfect to get my heart racing and to stay motivated, knowing I still had to drag my ass to the dungeon office today.  Hope this helps your Thirsty Thursday!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's been a chilly summer in San Diego too. This week we're finally hitting the 70s.

I'm seeing Jonsi in concert down here in October!

Wonky Pop said...

You are?! I wanna see him!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More