Aug 27, 2010

I feel like God's playing a cruel joke on me



No, seriously.  Don't judge.  I've driven 5 miles, more than 380 miles from San Francisco to Santa Barbara, to escape the fog & the cold that refuses to leave the Bay Area.  And what does God hand me while I'm down here?  More effing fog!  Did it follow me down here?  Does he have some ill-will for me?  Did I wrong it in some way?  I just wanted one weekend, with sun and 80 degree weather.  And God decides that this is the weekend the shit-ass weather has to not only consume San Francisco but also an area so far south, it could be in another state!

Fortunately, as I type this @ the Santa Barbara Borders downtown, there is sun.  But who knows how long it will last.  So far, the only enjoyment of this trip has been the group of dolphins that swam on over to the beach by our hotel.  That was pretty sweet.  

God, shed your light- isn't that how it's supposed to go? 

Now don't get all crazy thinking I'm a Bible banger or the like.  I'm really not about to get into my spiritual & religious beliefs on here.  This is a site about music, right?  And the occasional "pity me" party can't hurt?  I suppose I should just lighten up... or is it, light up? 

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More