Sep 30, 2010

Album in Review: Chromeo "Business Casual"



Chromeo seems to be the band that most people are determined to talk smack about. Comparisons are often made to 80’s uptempo R&B acts best left in the 80’s, but their music invariably grows on you, and before you know it, you're singing along and making babies to their disco-inspired, electro-funk beats. The latest release and 3rd album from the duo, Business Casual, had my shoulders a-shimmying and my booty a-shaking from start to finish.

Go ahead and try not to sing along to the chorus in songs like
I’m not contagious. I dare you!  You can’t resist catchy hooks like, I'm not contagious, but I got the kinda love that knocks you down! I for one can empathize with these words. Just ask any of my exes…or parole officers.


Check out the lead single Night by Night (below) and tracks like Hot Mess and Don’t Turn the Lights On before making up your mind. As an album, it can be montonous at times, but the tracks stand up well on their own. The most pop-like cuts are definitely The Right Type and When the Night Falls which features vocals from Solange Knowles (aka basement baby). Did Beyonce approve this collaboration? She looks sweet, but she'll cut a bitch.

I've had this album on heavy rotation since it's release, and I can tell you that the cardio from all the dancing has done me a whole world of good. I've got an 
ab now! So to all of those Chromeo haters, I have one thing to say, Bitch Please!



PS: If you like Chromeo, check out
Calvin Harris after the jump. He's more accessible and just as dancey.


Posted by Gimmeya Beat.



0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More