Oct 28, 2010

Cover: Honeyhoney does Smashing Pumpkins

Pretty much anyone that covers a song from the garage bands of the 90's is amazing (in my book anyway).  Though I am a child of the 80's, I really came into my own during the 90's (you know, puberty, the ugly phase, sexuality).  Though I'm a lover of all music, I still tend to gravitate back to the rock bands of that era, ones that would make you shake your head until you puked, or cried until, well, you puked.  Needless to say, Smashing Pumpkins freaking rocked it.

Now as for HoneyHoney (Suzanne Santo & Ben Jaffe), they just gained themselves a few more plays in my iTunes.  I've always been a fan since I saw them open for Augustana a few years back in NYC.  It was something about their rhythmic Little Toy Gun and Give Yourself To Me songs that really won me over.  I eagerly awaited in anticipation after that show for them to release their full length album... meanwhile, enjoying their Little Boots EP.  This past March they finally released a full length album entitled First Rodeo.  Sadly, they did not include this incredible cover of 1979 on it!  I can even imagine Billy Corgan joining on the verses.  I'm assuming he's the reason this song is not available for purchase anywhere (though, if you do google it, you may just find a copy).

Quench your Thirsty Thursday cotton mouth - listen below!  The weekend is nearly here!

HoneyHoney - 1979 (Cover)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More