Oct 26, 2010

Ólafur Arnalds is the most.




In a world where gibberish is an acceptable form of lyrics, it's satisfying to know that there are some musicians out there that have given up complete hope for them and left it as an instrumental. Maybe that isn't the plan behind Ólafur Arnalds' brilliant compositions, but hey, who knows? Am I right? I'm right.

Anywho, Ólafur Arnalds has really got something going on here. He's from Iceland, so you know he's crazy in a good way. He has a chamber orchestra feel with hints of electronica and some pop-driven elements. It's really like nothing else I've ever heard before, I'm sure you'll feel the same. He gained a larger following when he opened up for Sigur Rós, so hopefully his eery/beautiful music will fill up more ears. He also did a cover of a Death Cab for Cutie song which is unbelievable.

I love his website, because it's so engaging (check out the Myspace too). He has a video log and interactive tour dates (where you can leave your comments and pictures, you know, cool stuff). There are a few music videos up there too, but I only wanted to post one, so I chose one of my favorite song's video "3055". Also below is my MOST favorite song 0040.

So if you are listening Ólafur, just know that you are the most. And please come to NYC.



Ólafur Arnalds - 0040 by Seantc120

P.S. - He released his newest album "...And They Have Escaped the Weight of Darkness" and it's really a testament to his talent.

Posted by Database.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More