Apr 26, 2010

Chunk's Daily Truffle Shuffle

Founded in 1995 in Waco, Texas, the David Crowder Band has always stayed true to their style and the heart of their music.  They are by default a Worship Band but they are so much more.  I had the privilege of meeting David Crowder at a concert at Bethel College in Minnesota back in 1997 and he is one of the kindest and most humble individuals I have ever met.  Christian or not, he is one of the most talented writers and singers of this generation.  In 2006, I ran into him again while living in southern Connecticut.  He hadn't changed in those 9 years at all.  Still the same humble, kind hearted and goofy guy out there.  I remember when I met him again, my friend Jenny said to him "I can't get over just how awesome you guys are!"  She was like a kid in a candy store- extremely excited.  David turned to her and replied with the simple statement of "we're just doing what we were made to do.  It's fans like you that keep us going."  Singer-songwriter bands/artists are still my favorite and it's comments such as that, that keeps us coming back for more.  DCB's latest album "Church Music" was released in September of last year and it's an incredible record.  Don't let the name fool you.  This ain't your typical "church music."


Here's Chunk's shuffle of the day, with a fan-created video of their song "Intoxicating" from their Sunsets & Sushi album.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More